Private Rented Sector Move-On Grant
- Once you have found a property and contacted the letting agency/landlord you are ready to make an application.
- Ensure you complete the form fully and email this to [email protected]
- Once we receive the application form, we will contact you to request further documents to support your application. These will include documents to confirm your eligibility and affordability such as your Visa details and proof of income.
- Once eligibility is confirmed. We will contact the letting agent/landlord and inform them we will are able to support you.
- We will then require documents from the letting agent/landlord to process the application. These documents include property safety certificates, EPC ratings, EIC and Gas Safety Certificates, Inventory and Contract.
- Once all documentation has been received and approved we can then set a moving in date.
You will only be able to access this grant once.
Types of help available
A holding deposit is a payment to a landlord or letting agent to reserve a property.
Rent in advance
Most landlords ask for at least 1 month’s rent in advance before you sign the agreement and move in.
Landlords and letting agents often ask for a tenancy deposit before you sign a tenancy agreement and move in. A tenancy deposit is normally 5 weeks rent.
Some landlords and agents ask for a guarantor before they’ll offer you a tenancy. A guarantor agrees to pay your rent if you unable to pay it.
Please indicate clearly on your application form which help you are applying for.
For any further information or for enquiries please contact [email protected]
Other useful support…
This helpful guide will help you understand how to rent in England. This will help guests when they are ready and able to move out of sponsorship into independent accommodation. This guide is available in Ukrainian and Russian.
You can research the average costs of renting in the UK, to help understand what is available and affordable in your situation. There is also information available about rights and responsibilities as a tenant.
There are many property apps available that you can use to find a place to rent in a specific town or city of your choice. These include:
The information below has been taken from data from www.moneyhelper.org.uk so please check here for up to date information.
These costs are an average and of course will vary depending on any price changes and how much you use. So these can only be used as a rough guide to help you with budgeting for your first property in the UK
|Number of bedrooms
|£286 – £401 PA
|£516 -£597 PA