Before your child starts with us we will match them with a key person who will support you and your child, will meet the personal care needs of your child and keep you up to date with how your child is doing. You will also have a secondary key person who will also develop a bond with your child and take on the role of key person when the primary is unavailable.
Each child will experience a unique path of learning and development during their time with us. We use the Tapestry online app, which is fully secure and easy to use. From Tapestry, parents and carers can share the learning journey with family and friends and add their own observations, photos or short videos from any computer or mobile phone, with just the app and their individual password.
Children with a variety of additional requirements attend the nursery and as with every child, we always start by learning all about them from their families. We use a variety of ways to build on what children can do to ensure they make good progress with us and reach their full potential.
Communication, Language and Literacy
- Daily ‘Letters and Sounds’ sessions where games, songs, rhymes or play help support children’s’ learning
- Rhythm and Rhyme sessions, music and dance, help children play with language, learn to make the sounds found in speech and become confident communicators
- ‘ECaT: Every Child a Talker’ observations three times a year help staff identify which children are developing as expected and which children need a little more support
- A range of fun mark making and tool use age appropriate activities to develop children fine motor and hand-to-eye co-ordination skills in preparation for writing
- Story time and a snuggly book corner to help instil a love of books and stories
- Pre-school sessions run by our nursery practitioner who also has Teaching Assistant qualifications and experience.
If you would like more information please check out the link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/tiny-happy-people