The SCDA Employability Team offers a range of programmes to support people across East Sussex who are not in employment. We help people to find opportunities in volunteering, training, work experience, finding work and sustaining employment – more information can be found on our web pages listed left.
Employers – are you looking for staff?
We work with many local organisations to help employers hire exceptional candidates. We fill vacancies in all sectors, from construction to administration and health and social care. We offer an end-to-end, tailored recruitment package and all this for FREE. Contact our Employment Co-ordinator to arrange a free consultation to discuss your staff recruitment.
The benefits of employing disabled people Over 7.7 million people of working age in the UK are disabled or have a health condition. Historically there has been a significant gap between the proportion of disabled people employed compared with non-disabled people. Encouraging applications from disabled people is good for business. It can help you to:
- increase the number of high quality applicants available
- create a workforce that reflects the diverse range of customers it serves and the community in which it is based
- bring additional skills to the business, such as the ability to use British Sign Language (BSL), which could result in large savings
The costs of making reasonable adjustments to accommodate disabled employees are often low. The benefits of retaining an experienced, skilled employee who has acquired an impairment are usually greater than recruiting and training new staff. It is also good for the individual.
Disability Confident We are working with employers to:
- engage and encourage them to become more confident so they employ and retain disabled people and those with long term health conditions
- increase understanding of disability and the benefits of employing or retaining disabled people
- ensure disabled people have opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations
- make a substantial contribution to halving the disability employment gap
Please get in touch to book an appointment with one of our team on 01273 519114
The Government has launched the Disability Confident campaign to encourage employers to recruit and retain disabled employees. You can view a range of videos on the Disability Confident YouTube channel.
Our complaints and compliments policy can be found here Complaints, Compliments Policy