At Denton Island Nursery we value parents/carers as the child’s first and most enduring educators. To make the most of your knowledge we seek to work in partnership with you by using the experiences your child has outside nursery to enrich their learning and development within the nursery and to feed back ideas to you that will offer exciting opportunities for home learning. We aim to involve you as much as possible in the life of the nursery.
We also offer a range of learning and training opportunities open to all parents/carers at Denton Island Community Centre.
There are lots of ways that we like to involve parents/carers as equal partners in their child’s learning and development.
- Complete WOW vouchers sharing your child’s achievements, interests, family news or events with us
- Free access to your child’s learning journey through a secure password system, so that you can share with your child or family and friends at home.
- Have your say about Denton Island Nursery policies during their review process.
- You could get involved as a parent/carer volunteer to come in and read stories, help in the art or music area, take part in cookery session or even by helping out by preparing snack with the children.
- Parent forum encompassing both the nursery and the children and community centre.
- Garden volunteer days, summer events