We recently celebrated our 14 year anniversary and are proud to have a reputation for affordable high quality child care for children from 3 months old to 5 year olds. Our experienced team of staff, many of whom have worked at Denton Island Nursery for 12 years or more, are DBS checked and hold paediatric first aid training.
We are open 50 weeks of the year between 8am – 6pm with a range of start and collection times to coincide with finishing times of all local schools to help meet the needs of busy parents.
Denton Island Nursery is set in a tranquil island setting close to the town centre with its own ample parking. We have a lovely large rear garden with willow den, flower beds, sand pit, bike track, children’s planting area plus shaded decked area which the babies and children enjoy every day.
We are proud that our most recent Ofsted report in May 2013 rated our overall quality of nursery provision as ‘outstanding’ and noted, among other things, that ‘ progress in all areas of children’s development is excellent’ and ‘staff create a warm, caring and supportive environment’. The full report is displayed in the nursery hallway and you are very welcome to request a copy.
We are committed to supporting every child to become confident, capable and to independently access all that our nursery provision has to offer, in preparation for becoming lifelong learners and towards achieving their full potential.
Denton Island Nursery Vision
- Every child in our nursery has the right to:
- Be themselves and be valued for who they are;
- Be treated with respect and listened to;
- Feel welcome and be safe, protected and cared for;
- Make friends and be happy;
- Learn how to make healthy choices and become independent;
- Have adults who will give them encouragement, support and time to explore and learn through play;
- Have fun discovering their world and getting messy;
- Be stimulated to learn new skills and knowledge;
- Feel secure to take risks and try out new challenges.
The local offer is the new term to describe the services available to children with SEND (special educational needs and disabilities). Our offer will give parents information about the services and support we can offer to children with SEND at our nursery and further information is available to download here Denton Island Nursery SEN and disability local offer
For more specific information about other services please refer to the East Sussex County Council website.
A useful link to Children’s Centres is here. They provide a range of services and activities to support the needs of families.