Making a difference in your community for 20 years
We are proud to celebrate our 20 year anniversary in 2017. SCDA works across East Sussex supporting and running community based projects and services aimed at addressing the needs of those most vulnerable in the community.
- User and local community involvement to identify gaps in services and development of new projects to meet community needs
- We offer a range of integrated and holistic approaches to service delivery for those most vulnerable in our community
- Continuous quality improvement including review of individual and community impact
- Support of effective partnerships between voluntary, statutory and private sectors to address identified community needs
- Development of sustainable sources of funding including a range of social enterprises.
Our head office is at Denton Island Community Centre, Denton Island, Newhaven BN9 9BA and we have premises at Newhaven, Eastbourne, Lewes, Bexhill-on-Sea, Hailsham, Crowborough and Hastings. SCDA is proud to be a member of the Sussex Chamber of Commerce.
Contact Us lists addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses with useful maps.
- Counselling at Newhaven and Hailsham
- Denton Island Community Centre
- Young people’s activities, youth club, youth forum
- Well-being courses
- Community events in Newhaven, Hailsham and Eastbourne
- SCDA Employability at Newhaven, Eastbourne and Bexhill-on-Sea with outreach at Lewes, Uckfield, Hastings and Hailsham
- Denton Island Nursery
- Family and children’s activities
- Open spaces, Health Walks, Community gardening
- Day care for older people at centres in Lewes, Hastings and Bexhill-on-Sea
- Community Development Hailsham
- Advice services
- Safe from Harm
- Courses and activities to support and promote Healthy Lifestyles
- Sompriti advocacy and translation services for BME community
- Newhaven Food Bank
- The Gallery Community Café at the Crowborough Centre
Annual Report 2015-16 is available here SCDA-Annual-Report-2016-web
Our final accounts for 2015-16 are here Accounts 2015-2016
SCDA welcomes feedback and has a policy for comments, feedback and complaints here