Making a difference in your community
We were proud to celebrate our 20 year anniversary in 2017. SCDA works across East Sussex supporting community based projects aimed at addressing the needs of those most vulnerable in the community.
- User and local community involvement to identify gaps in services and development of new projects to meet community needs
- We offer a range of integrated and holistic approaches to service delivery for those most vulnerable in our community
- Continuous quality improvement including review of individual and community impact
- Support of effective partnerships between voluntary, statutory and private sectors to address identified community needs
- Development of sustainable sources of funding including a range of social enterprises.
Our registered address is Denton Island Community Centre, Denton Island, Newhaven BN9 9BA.
Registered Charity number: 1094905
Company Limited by Guarantee (registered in England & Wales): 03387617
VAT number: 837116726
We have premises at Newhaven, Eastbourne, Lewes, Bexhill-on-Sea, Hailsham and Hastings. SCDA is proud to be a member of the Sussex Chamber of Commerce.
Contact Us lists addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses with useful maps.
- Sussex Community Counselling
- Denton Island Community Centre
- Young people’s activities, youth club, youth forum, counselling and new Youth Centre
- Community activities, courses and events based at our community hubs in Newhaven, Hailsham, Bexhill and Eastbourne
- SCDA Employability projects across East Sussex and Kent
- Denton Island Nursery
- Family and children’s activities
- Info & Advice Hub in Newhaven
- Safe from Harm
- Rural Domestic and Sexual Abuse Recovery Project
- Support for Survivors of Suicide
- Sompriti activities and events for BAME communities
- Seahaven Food Bank
Please note (from 1st April 2019):
Day services at Phoenix Centre, Lewes; Isabel Blackman Centre, Hastings and Charter Centre, Bexhill are no longer run by SCDA. Enquiries regarding day services can be directed to East Sussex County Council https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/socialcare/
Our final accounts for 2018-19 are here SCDA Final Accounts 2018-2019
The latest SCDA Annual Report is here SCDA ANNUAL REPORT 2019
SCDA welcomes feedback and has a policy for comments, feedback and complaints here