Making a difference in your community for 20 years
We were proud to celebrate our 20 year anniversary in 2017. SCDA works across East Sussex supporting community based projects aimed at addressing the needs of those most vulnerable in the community.
- User and local community involvement to identify gaps in services and development of new projects to meet community needs
- We offer a range of integrated and holistic approaches to service delivery for those most vulnerable in our community
- Continuous quality improvement including review of individual and community impact
- Support of effective partnerships between voluntary, statutory and private sectors to address identified community needs
- Development of sustainable sources of funding including a range of social enterprises.
Our registered address is Denton Island Community Centre, Denton Island, Newhaven BN9 9BA.
Registered Charity number: 1094905
Company Limited by Guarantee (registered in England & Wales): 03387617
VAT number: 837116726
We have premises at Newhaven, Eastbourne, Lewes, Bexhill-on-Sea, Hailsham, Crowborough and Hastings. SCDA is proud to be a member of the Sussex Chamber of Commerce.
Contact Us lists addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses with useful maps.
- Sussex Community Counselling
- Denton Island Community Centre
- Young people’s activities, youth club, youth forum, counselling
- Well-being courses
- Community activities and events in Newhaven, Hailsham and Eastbourne
- SCDA Employability across East Sussex and Kent
- Denton Island Nursery
- Family and children’s activities
- Open Spaces
- Day care for older people at centres in Lewes, Hastings and Bexhill-on-Sea
- Community Development Hailsham
- Advice services
- Safe from Harm
- Support for Survivors of Suicide
- Courses and activities to support and promote Healthy Lifestyles
- Sompriti advocacy and translation services for BME community
- Newhaven Food Bank
- The Gallery Community Café at the Crowborough Centre
Our final accounts for 2016-17 are here SCDA Final Accounts 2016-2017
The latest SCDA Annual Report is here SCDA Annual Report 2016-2017
SCDA welcomes feedback and has a policy for comments, feedback and complaints here