Affordable Counselling with Sussex Community Counselling.
A professional, ethical counselling Service.
Our affordable counselling service is run within SCDA and is accredited by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP).
Carefully selected Counsellors
All counsellors working in our affordable service are either qualified or in the later stages of their training and have been carefully chosen because of the quality of their training and experience. The counsellors in our service work voluntarily, they and are not paid for this work. They are DBS checked.
What is available?
We offer up to twelve, 50-minute, weekly, counselling sessions delivered by phone or over zoom, or when Government and BACP guidelines permit, in person in Newhaven, Hailsham, Lewes and Eastbourne.
What can general counselling help with?
In counselling you can work on what is going on in your life to find your own solutions and make changes in your life or find ways of coping. Some of the issues people bring to counselling include relationships, past and present life events, behaviours they want to change, difficult feelings and thoughts. Counselling is a time for you to talk confidentially about what is troubling you and how you are.
How much will I pay?
We aim to make our service widely affordable and will talk to you in your assessment to agree what you can afford to pay between £12 and £30 per session.
How can I get counselling from you?
You can refer yourself to us
- using our referral form which you can download Self-referral form
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- or phone the counselling team on 01273 519108.
The process we follow is:
- We receive a referral
- We arrange an assessment appointment to make sure counselling is suitable for you
- We add you to our waiting list if we do not have a counsellor available now
- When you are at the top of our waiting list we arrange your first counselling session.