The Working Together for You project was launched in 2017 and provides employability support to people living in Lewes or the Havens. The project aims to help participants to feel stronger, more confident and more able to plan for the future.
Our team can help with access to training, increasing job searching ability and access to work, with many of our past participants successfully moving into paid employment.
The project has two clear aims:
- to support families as a whole to develop their skills, capabilities, talents and resilience.
- To support individuals to develop their basic and social skills.
Support is free to access and tailored to the individual. Our dedicated client adviser will help you to identify the goals that matter to you and provide support to overcome any challenges in your way.
To date the project has supported 67 participants with over 25% exiting into work, learning or job search.
In addition to employment and training, participants have reported improvements to health, well-being and family relationships as well as increases to self-confidence and an ability to access the other services around them.
What our participants say:
- “I’ve become a stronger, happier, more confident person. I still have a way to go but I am excited about my future now”
- “The projects help has been invaluable during these difficult times. I don’t know if I’d have made it without you”
- “I couldn’t have done it without the help I got from the project. I love my job and feel so happy now”
- “Very helpful in all respects. Made me feel comfortable in moving forward”
The impact of Covid has seen us rethink how we deliver the project. Throughout lockdowns we have continued to support new and existing participants via phone, text, email or video calls.
We’re flexible to our participants needs and will adapt our delivery to make access as easy as possible.
Contact us by emailing SCDAEmployability@sussexcommunity.org.uk or calling 01273 516347.
Working together for You is funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.