Level 1 Community Development Worker – Community Hubs
L1 Community Development Worker – Community Hubs
Part time 30 hours per week – 12 months fixed term contract in the first instance.
Based in Newhaven
Salary: £18,933 per annum pro rata.
Sussex Community Development Association (SCDA), runs a range of projects aimed at supporting the involvement of the whole of the community. These include initiatives and services that address economic, environmental, health and community priorities of communities across East Sussex.
Our Community Development and Health team is expanding and we are now recruiting for a Level 1 Community Development Worker to support our county wide, community hub team.
SCDA’s community hubs provide vital services and projects aimed at improving wellbeing, reducing isolation and addressing social inequalities within local communities. We are seeking a Level 1 Community Development Worker, which is an ideal, entry level role for someone wanting to start a career in Community Development and Health.
Reporting to the Community Hubs Project Manager, you will be responsible for working with the Community Development and Health team to:
- Promote and develop Denton Island Community Centre as a hub for community groups and families
- Provide a friendly welcome to hub visitors and users and support with providing front-of-house information, advice and guidance.
- Assist the Senior Community Development Worker for Children and Families with developing and delivering courses and activities.
- Assist the Community Hubs Project Manager with coordinating large-scale community events e.g. Newhaven Fish Festival
- Maintain accurate administrative records and contribute to written reports.
Ideal candidates will be passionate about working with people, including children and young people, and want to develop their knowledge and experience with working with their community. You will be a great communicator with a positive, “can do” approach who is comfortable speaking with a wide range of people.
The role is based in Newhaven, with occasional travel to delivery locations across East Sussex. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Monday 4th July @ 5pm with interviews: Monday 11th July 2022
For full job description, please follow this link: L1 Comm Dev worker JD Jun 22