Food Security Development Worker – Level 1
Part Time, 30 hours per week.
The role is fixed term for 1 year in the first instance.
Starting salary £18,933 per annum pro rata
Based in Newhaven with regular travel to outreach and delivery/donation locations in the local area.
Sussex Community Development Association (SCDA), runs a range of community projects, including Seahaven Community Food, aimed at putting food on tables across Seahaven, reducing food waste and bring communities together to grow, cook and eat. As part of this Seahaven Community Food deliver a number of community supermarkets, which offer food and other essential items on a pay as you feel basis, as well as emergency food provision to people with long term health conditions.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Food Security Development Worker level 1, which is an ideal, entry level role for someone wanting to start a career in Food Security. This role will support the coordination and delivery of community supermarkets and emergency food provision across a number venues, including receiving donations and food deliveries and liaising with volunteers.
Main tasks include:
- Ensuring the community supermarket days run smoothly and are appropriately stocked
- Support the transportation of stocks and donations in and out of the community supermarkets, including driving the electric van between venues
- Working alongside and supporting the volunteer team
- Conducting client assessments
- General administration, to include some cash handling & social media input
- Work with the team to make improvements to the Community Supermarket delivery, with a focus on increasing food security for clients, through feedback and data gathering
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of working &/or volunteering in, the community food or retail sector
- Understanding and ability to work with people from disadvantaged, marginalised or socially excluded backgrounds.
- Organised and with good administration skills
- Be a great communicator with high energy, confidence and adaptability.
Ideal candidates will be passionate about food security and working with people, and want to develop their knowledge and experience with working with their community. You will be a great communicator with a positive, “can do” approach who is comfortable speaking with a wide range of people.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Stef Lake, Food Security Project Manager on 07984 187690.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 22nd May 2022
Interviews: W/c 30th May 2022
For a full job description please click here Job Description – Food Security Dev worker L1 – May 22
To apply please click on the link below or contact our HR department on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01273 519140.Apply for position