Check out our latest newsletter! Health and Wellbeing Newsletter March 2021
What is Making it Happen?
Making it Happen is about discovering, celebrating and building on the positive things in our local neighbourhoods. We are here to support communities to come together, make the most of the opportunities and create positive change.
We use an Asset Based approach to working with communities:
‘Asset-based community development begins with the gifts of people and their capacity to organize to create the world they want to see’ (ABCD Institute).”
We believe that everyone has skills and talents to offer their community. When these skills and talents are shared, the community thrives and becomes stronger.
Have you got a good idea to make positive change in your neighbourhood?
What do you need to put in place to make it happen?
Let’s get started!
Making it Happen Community Development Workers can support you to turn your good idea into reality. From listening to your idea, connecting you up with others who feel the same, signposting you to training or putting you in touch with people with the right expertise, resources or information about funding, they can provide as much or as little support as you need. Give us a call or fill out this form to tell us about your idea and to find out more about how we can support you, including information about Making it Happen funding opportunities.
Or you can download the form to fill out by hand here.
Contact Hannah (Team Lead) on:
- Tel: 07920 526224
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is working in your neighbourhood?
Check to see which neighbourhoods in the Districts and Boroughs we are working in from the list below. Click on the links for Making it Happen partners covering Wealden, Rother, Hastings and Eastbourne or for Lewes District see the contact information for SCDA.
- Wealden– Uckfield North, Crowborough East, Polegate and Hailsham East: Action in Rural Sussex
- Rother– Central and Sackville, Eastern Rother, St Michaels and Sidley: Rother Voluntary Action
- Hastings– Greater Hollington and Castle: Hastings Voluntary Action
- Eastbourne– Shinewater, Hampden Park and Willingdon Trees: 3VA
- Lewes District– Newhaven Valley, Newhaven Meeching, Peacehaven West and Peacehaven North: Sussex Community Development Association (SCDA).