We are lucky to be located at the edge of the South Downs National Park and have one the most iconic and biodiverse coastal stretches in the country! Why not come along to a walk in or around Eastbourne including interesting activities – photography, Tai-Chi, crafts or learning about seaside and landscape – more information on our flyer here GOSH Yr2 Eastbourne Flyer Final and here GOSH Yr2 Lewes Older People flyer final.
Green Havens in the Biosphere
Wednesday 8th February 7pm-9pm at the Hillcrest Centre, Newhaven.
- An evening of sharing, learning and planning for the Green Future of the Havens
- We are very lucky to live and work in an area designated as a UNESCO World Biosphere Region – the Brighton and Lewes Downs Biosphere (part of a global family of 670 sites across 120 countries). The United Nations recognises this area as an international demonstration area of sustainability, somewhere that is pioneering a positive future by connecting people and nature.
- We are working in partnership with the Lewes District Council and the Biosphere programme to organise a networking and mapping event on Wednesday Feb 8th 7-9pm at the Hillcrest Centre, Newhaven. Rich Howorth will speak about the Biosphere and there will be stalls and a chance to talk and meet like minded people.
- There are already many fantastic groups of volunteers doing brilliant work in the Havens and Ouse Valley and we want to be get a picture of what is going on and where in order support people, find the gaps so we can help people make more joined-up plans for future projects.
- Anyone involved in the open spaces, greener living or green technology in this area should please come along or get in touch to get on the map email email@example.com or call 01273 516032.
Volunteering in the Community Space Garden! Interested?
We would love to have your help – contact Jessie@sussexcommunity.org.uk or call 01273 516032.
Enjoy the Seahaven Coastal Trail!
See the Seahaven Coastal Trail website for more information on how to explore this 12 mile coastal walk from Saltdean to Exceat. There is a map showing where you can get the bus, eat and convenient stops so you can explore various sessions at your leisure www.seahavencoastaltrail.org.uk