Bexhill Community Hub
We are always interested in hearing from you! The Charter centre is a spacious and comfortable venue, centrally located on London Road, Bexhill, opposite Aldi. Your ideas for community events are very welcome!
Do you need to rent space in Bexhill?
The Charter Centre has a range of rooms which are available on a one off or regular basis. We offer excellent value, accessible room hire to suit all budgets from £5.00 per hour. Community rates available for all local voluntary or charitable groups.
Tri-shaw training – volunteers wanted!
The Charter Centre owns a tri-shaw that was kindly donated by Gaby Hardwicke Solicitors. Cycling Without Age (CWA) is a global movement originating from Denmark. To find out more about CWA see https://cyclingwithoutage.org/the-pilot/ We are a small group of volunteers dedicated to helping elderly citizens and others who would benefit from the ‘cycling experience’ of the tri-shaw. Passengers can feel ‘the wind in their hair’ along Bexhill seafront!
Volunteers can sign up as pilots or as admin / operational support
Cycle pilot training takes place weekly, please call for more information.
Cycle pilots, we are looking for people who:
- Share the passion of cycling.
- Have time to train in the week with other pilots
- Are motivated and have a passion to help others
- Enjoy the company of elderly people and people of all ages
- Enjoy working as part of a team, and un-assisted
- Have a passion for helping others
- Have organisational and admin skills
- To assist the group facilitator with the running of the group
- You will benefit from being part of an international movement
- Gain physical health and well-being benefits
- You will meet some great people
Please contact Liz for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone: 07920 526 226