Bexhill Community Hub
The Charter Centre is becoming a welcoming community hub in Bexhill, hosting activities and events with a focus on eating healthily and improving well-being.
We are always interested in hearing from you! The Charter Centre is a spacious and comfortable venue, centrally located on London Road, Bexhill, opposite Aldi. Your ideas for community events are very welcome!
Would you like to volunteer as a group facilitator for a discussion group whose aim is to tackle dementia, depression and loneliness through the power of sport? A fulfilling, interesting volunteer role requiring a commitment of 2 hours a week. For more information https://www.sportingmemoriesnetwork.com/ and Sporting Memories- VOLUNTEER ROLES
The Charter Centre owns a tri-shaw that was kindly donated by Gaby Hardwicke Solicitors. Cycling Without Age (CWA) is a global movement originating from Denmark. To find out more about CWA see https://cyclingwithoutage.org/the-pilot/ We are a small group of volunteers dedicated to helping elderly citizens and others who would benefit from the ‘cycling experience’ of the tri-shaw. Volunteers can sign up as pilots or as admin / operational support
Cycle pilots, we are looking for people who:
- Share the passion of cycling.
- Have time to train in the week with other pilots
- Are motivated and have a passion to help others
- Enjoy the company of elderly people and people of all ages
- Enjoy working as part of a team, and un-assisted
- Have a passion for helping others
- Have organisational and admin skills
- To assist the group facilitator with the running of the group
- You will benefit from being part of an international movement
- Gain physical health and well-being benefits
- You will meet some great people
Please contact Liz for more information: email@example.com or phone: 07920 526 226
Do you need to rent space in Bexhill?
The Charter Centre has a range of rooms which are available on a one off or regular basis. We offer excellent value, accessible room hire to suit all budgets from £5.00 per hour. Community rates available for all local voluntary or charitable groups.