We deliver care and support for older people at welcoming, caring and safe day care centres across East Sussex:
Charter Centre, 36 London Road, Bexhill on Sea TN39 3JU Tel. 01424 212481
Isabel Blackman Centre, Winding Street, Hastings TN34 3AT Tel. 01424 446428
Phoenix Centre, 26 Malling Street, Lewes BN7 2RD
(See our Contact Us page for maps to our centres.)
Latest at Isabel Blackman Centre, Hastings:
Community Cake Sale last Thursday each month – 30th March, 27th April, 25th May, 29th June, 27th July All Welcome!
Our clients have individually tailored care and support plans and can enjoy a nutritious freshly cooked meal. Activities support and improve the quality of life, independence, and physical and mental well-being of those attending. We offer a flexible service that aims to meet the needs of both clients and carers. A key feature of our service is to meet the respite needs of carers. Always sensitive to people’s needs we include individual choice as a core part of the services, respect peoples’ privacy and aim to involve people in the design and delivery of services.
Who is the service for?
Our day care services are for people who have support needs and would like to take part in stimulating activities at our centres with other older people and community members. We cater for people who are coping with, for example, early onset dementia and dementia, those recovering from strokes and those with mobility issues. We also welcome people who have none of these issues but just want to enjoy our activities or a freshly cooked meal in our community café.
- A caring, warm and safe environment
- A range of stimulating activities, with consultation, such as: rehab and exercise, independent living skills, aromatherapy and massage, computer skills, yoga, art classes, day trips, themed cultural events, entertainment, speakers, celebrations
- A freshly cooked, tasty and nutritious meal, snacks, hot drinks and refreshments
- Respite care
- A ‘Leave & Care’ scheme
- Rehabilitation support
- Help with welfare, care and health issues
- Help to access other facilities and services in the local community
- Opportunity to have a say on services in our Service Users Forum
How to Apply
If you feel you would benefit from our services we’d be delighted to hear from you. Please call us on 01273 519144 and we will arrange an appointment for you to see us.
SCDA welcomes people regardless of gender, disability, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or gender identity.