Specialist Volunteer Coordinator
Part time (25 hrs per week)
Salary range: £23,541 – £24,982 per annum pro rata, dependant on previous experience & qualification
Sussex Community Development Association (SCDA), runs a range of services aimed at supporting and empowering those most in need in our communities. Our Advice & Inclusion team are looking for an experienced volunteer coordinator to recruit and train specialist volunteers to increase capacity in the team around giving information and navigating/signposting service users.
You will be responsible for:
- Recruitment of Information volunteers
- Supervision, co-ordination and development of the volunteers
- Design and delivery of the appropriate volunteer training & organise other training e.g through the CAB
- Ensuring the volunteers remain boundried in their work and deliver information and navigation/signposting at an appropriate level
- Assessing that the quality of information and navigation support offered to service users and clients by the volunteers under your direction is consistent, accurate and of a high quality.
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the project
The ideal candidate will be a great, organised communicator who enjoys motivating and inspiring a wide range of people and who understands the complexities of recruiting and supporting volunteers. We are looking for someone who is passionate about supporting people and who demonstrates sensitivity to the aims of SCDA in general.
The role is based at the Advice and Information Hub on Newhaven High Street. There may be some travel across East Sussex, car drivers and owners preferred as several locations are rural and not served well by public transport. Posts are subject to DBS check.
Closing date: 5pm Friday 14th February
Interviews in Newhaven: w/c 24th February
Completed application forms can be sent to HR via email to (email@example.com) or via post to SCDA, Denton Island Community Centre, Denton Island, Newhaven, East Sussex, BN9 9BA