Sessional Family Learning Tutor
Purpose of the role:
To develop and provide ten high quality family learning courses in locations across Newhaven, Peacehaven, Seaford and potentially Hailsham and Eastbourne. These courses are aimed at families who would benefit from improving their own literacy and numeracy skills to be better able to support their children with their homework and home learning opportunities. Focusing on developing knowledge of how schools teach at Key Stage One and Two through craft and engaging activities.
Supporting the Community Development Team to co-ordinate course delivery with local primary schools. Liaising with key contacts and scheduling a full program of family learning courses.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTTLS) or equivalent
- Teaching in a Primary school setting across Key Stages
- Developing lessons plans and evaluating learning for adults
- Working towards Child Protection and Safeguarding policies
- Willingness to undertake role specific training
- Understanding of ESCC Family Learning programme is preferred but not essential
£15-25 per hour for a total of 152 hours across September 2018 – July 2019, term time only.
Potential for this to continue in September 2019-July 2020.