Healthy Lifestyles Development Worker
28 hours per week
Based in Eastbourne
Salary range £20,092 – £23,080 per annum pro rata, dependent on skill & experience
Fixed term till 31st March 2019 in first instance with strong indication of further funding available!
You will have a love for and experience of coordinating, delivering & evaluating a broad range of community based initiatives; with a health focus; covering all age ranges and backgrounds. The initiatives/services are generally for a fixed term and the Healthy Lifestyles Development Workers will be working across multiple integrated health projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing, organizing and publicising community & health based events and initiatives throughout the year based on national health campaigns
- Recruiting volunteers and attendees
- Supporting and developing volunteers and assisting with their progression
- Community consultation and co-production
- Providing information on wider health & wellbeing services
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the projects
- Collaborating on funding bids to support new & existing service provision and activities
Ideal candidates will be committed to the promotion of healthy active lifestyles themselves, and have experience of health promotion or behaviour change programmes and project delivery. You will also be familiar with recruiting and supporting champions / volunteers. With excellent communication skills, the ability to plan, prioritise and work to tight deadlines is a must. Some supervisory skills and being able to motivate and inspire others would be desirable, along with experience of working within community settings.
This role is based in Eastbourne, with frequent travel locally & more rurally as needed, therefore being a car owner and driver is essential. Posts are subject to DBS check.
Closing date: Thursday 20th September 2018 at 5pm
Interviews: Friday 28th September 2018
Completed application forms can be sent to HR via email to (email@example.com) or via post to SCDA, Denton Island Community Centre, Denton Island, Newhaven, East Sussex, BN9 9BA