Community Development Worker – Making it Happen Project
Full time 37 hours per week, we are happy to consider requests for part-time or a job share opportunity
Based in Newhaven
Salary range £20,092 – £23,080 per annum pro rata, dependent on skill & experience
Our Community Development Workers are ‘enablers’ who will work in partnership with residents and agencies in specific marginalised communities to maximise and build on the wealth of assets that people and communities possess. Our aim is to facilitate the development of locally ‘grown’ sustainable solutions that meet people and community needs.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing, organising and publicising community based events and initiatives
- Recruiting volunteers / champions and attendees
- Supporting and developing volunteers and assisting with their progression
- Community consultation and co-production
- Providing information on wider wellbeing and community services
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the project
- Collaborating on funding bids to support new & existing service provision and activities
Ideal candidates will be skilled Community Development Workers who have experience of using asset-based community development approaches with communities to deliver positive outcomes. You will be a great communicator who enjoys motivating and inspiring a wide range of people, and who understands the complexities of recruiting and supporting champions / volunteers.
The role is based in Newhaven, with frequent travel to delivery locations across East Sussex, therefore being a car owner and driver is essential. Posts are subject to DBS check.
Closing date: Sunday 24th November 2019 with interviews: w/c 2nd December 2019
Completed application forms can be sent to HR via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via post to SCDA, Denton Island Community Centre, Denton Island, Newhaven, East Sussex, BN9 9BA